[MPlayer-users] mplayer fullscreen TFT out of sync in 1280x1024

Beaver beaver at mailandnews.com
Sun Feb 16 07:05:01 CET 2003

Hello,

I have just subscribed to report this problem:

Mplayer puts the picture out of sync on a 19" tft in 1280x1024 (standard
resolution for this 19" tft).

 In window mode everything is ok (but not if I maximize the window, if the
picture touches the right and left borders of the screen it is fuzzy again,
like a crypted channel on tv).

 So, same in fullscreen, if it touches right and left borders its fuzzy, out
of sync.

 When I try:

gmplayer -screenw 1200

 then the movie doesn't touch the left border of the screen and its ok. But if
I zoom from there, or use panscan to zoom or anything else to make the
picture use the complete horizontal space then its out of sync again.

 So, if I want to use panscan, for example I do -screenw 1100 or 1000 or less
depending on how much I want to zoom, and if the picture doesn't use the
whole width its ok.

 I tried with a 17" CRT, it works. On Windows XP it works perfectly, so
there's nothing wrong with the screen.

 What can I do to make this fullscreen work correctly ?

Or, eventually, to override this problem, is there any way to have mplayer
always free about 10 pixels on the left and 10 pixels on the right of the
movie, even after zooming ? This would certainly fix the trouble.

 Thanks for any advice.

PS:
LCD screen: Acer AL922 19"
Card: Nvidia GeForce Ti 4600