[MPlayer-users] -speed switch cause broken audiodump.wav

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Sat Feb 15 14:26:16 CET 2003

Hi,

> > > BTW: "-vc null -vo null" crashes for some reason.
> > feel free to send bugreport, if you want it to be fixed...
>
> I don't write a bug report because I don't know whether it is a bug or
> by intention. "mplayer -vc help" says:

crash by intention? lol. we aren't xine developers :)

>   null        null      crashing  NULL codec (no decoding!)

ah. it's a bit long to explain, burt in short:
there are 4 levels of 'stability' of codecs:
untested, working, buggy and crashing.
codecs with status=crashing aren't auto-selected to avoid crashing mplayer.

'null' is a working "codecs" (it actually does nothing) but is flagged
'crashing' to avoid auto-selecting it.

> So it seems to be by intention? OTOH, whe I use a non-existent codec,
no

> then mplayer happily plays/dumps the audio and discards the
> video. This is the behavior I would have expected from "-vc null"

please report any crash as bug

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

    "However, many people beg for its inclusion in Debian. Why?" - Gabucino
  "Because having new software in Debian is good." - Josselin Mouette
"Because having good software in Debian is new." - Gabucino