[MPlayer-users] -speed switch cause broken audiodump.wav

Josef Wolf jw at raven.inka.de
Sat Feb 15 08:05:14 CET 2003

On Sat, Feb 15, 2003 at 12:42:10AM +0100, Arpi wrote:

> > BTW: "-vc null -vo null" crashes for some reason.
> feel free to send bugreport, if you want it to be fixed...

I don't write a bug report because I don't know whether it is a bug or
by intention. "mplayer -vc help" says:

  null        null      crashing  NULL codec (no decoding!)

So it seems to be by intention? OTOH, whe I use a non-existent codec,
then mplayer happily plays/dumps the audio and discards the
video. This is the behavior I would have expected from "-vc null"

--
-- Josef Wolf -- jw at raven.inka.de --