[MPlayer-users] realmedia, num_of_packets and DATA chunks

Olivier Galibert galibert at pobox.com
Fri Feb 14 14:11:12 CET 2003

On Fri, Feb 14, 2003 at 01:58:04PM +0100, Balatoni Denes wrote:
> Indeed, this is a known problem - and is solved in xine's real_demuxer.
> Feel free to fix it - and/or could you provide some link to such a file?

http://rmedia.francetv.fr:80/infos/f2/20h/20h_20030212.rm

This file shows another problem I'm in the process of fixing, that is
selection the wrong streams (lowest bitrate, in fact the first
available in the file) in a multi-bitrate file.

> I have been trying to fix mphq's samples/real/real_bug/Pen3.rm and Noir.rm
> (iirc the dircetories) so if you (or anybody) has ideas about  that too, or
> any other issue with the real demuxer you are encouraged to tell me about it,
> or fix it or anything :) I suppose mplayer-dev-eng is more suited for that
> discussion.

Maybe I should go on that list.  I don't really plan on spending that
much time on mplayer though.  Working on libavcodec would be more fun ;-)

  OG.