[MPlayer-users] mpeg->divx 3-pass conversion- Aspect ratio?

Joonas Koivunen rzei at mbnet.fi
Tue Feb 11 20:00:23 CET 2003

On Tuesday 11 February 2003 02:52, Steven Adeff wrote:
> I'm having a "problem" though. Some mpegs will keep the aspect ratio fine
> and some seem to "loose" it in the conversion. I've tried -aspect 1.33:1
> and -vop scale=1.33:1 and both exit out with an error. I'm stumped as to
well, you could use mpeg4 feature that preserves the aspect ratio.. this is
all in DOCS/encoding.html afair or then in DOCS/tech/encoding-tips.txt or
something like that. the reason why some are prescaled and others not i don't
know. encoding.html is your friend anyway. btw, afaik again, scale takes
=targetWidth:targetHeight, not aspect ration, read man mplayer too. i always
use -zoom with -vop scale and then -xy <target width> perhaps, can't remember
why, but that works :)

> what to try next in order to get mencoder to output a properly formated
> divx file?
i hope you mean avi -file :) you really should prefer lavc mpeg4 over all
others.

-rzei