[MPlayer-users] Re: Bitrate filesize problem (2)

rcooley rcooley at spamcop.net
Sun Feb 9 06:17:18 CET 2003

Martin Collins <martin at mkcollins.org> wrote:

>Yes, I would expect that even if it used all 526 kbits. For a 718x432
>movie you will need at least 900kb/s to approach acceptable quality.
>I would do some denoising (pp options) then scale to 352x224.
>Even then getting a 2.75 hour movie on one CD is optimistic.

The pointers are appreciated.

>And use the -ofps 23.976 thing that Richard suggested.

Well, cut me off at the knees and call me tripod...  That worked
perfectly!  Many thanks to everyone!

I do find it strange however....  Of the (approx.) two dozen documents
I've read on ripping DVDs using mencoder, not ONE that I read mentioned
the needed -ofs option (including the offical docs).