[MPlayer-users] Re: Problem on RH8: Can't Use VESA, Even As Root

Dan8827 dan8827 at snet.net
Sun Feb 9 03:05:51 CET 2003

>> 1. The "VO: Comment: Requires ROOT privileges" is apparently
>> for information only,

>I don't even get that line. I just get "killed"
>I use gentoo, frequently updated

Are you using the -v flag to get verbose messages?  Without that, the
"VO: Comment..." message won't appear.

You can also use "mplayer -v -v" to get extremely detailed messages.

As long as I'm writing again, I meant to mention one other difference
between RH7 and RH8 in my last message: In RH8, I get the following two
lines:

libdha: DHA kernelhelper failed: No such file or directory
libdha: DHA kernelhelper failed: No such file or directory

These don't appear on RH7.  Doing some searches on this list, these
messages seem to appear for other people during successful playback, so
I'm not sure it has anything to do with my problem, but it's one more
difference between RH 7 and 8.

--
Damian
Increasing The Entropy Of The Universe Since 1972