[MPlayer-users] audio plugins buggery - resample+format

Igor Grabin violent at death.kiev.ua
Sat Feb 8 13:19:51 CET 2003

On Fri, Feb 07, 2003 at 11:35:56AM -0500, D Richard Felker III wrote:
> > the machine in question is an older notebook, a bit weird sbpro.
> > it runs openbsd. I'm getting this "by default":
> > audio_setup: your card doesn't support 2 channel, Signed 16-bit
> > (Little-Endian), 44100 Hz samplerate
> > so, I've been applying this:
> > mplayer.conf:
> > aop="list=resample,format:fout=22050:format=8"
> Remove this and it will work fine out of the box. -aop is deprecated.
> If you want to manually insert audio filters now, use -af and RTFM
> about them.
it didn't work out of the box with -rc3. the same failure.
however, rtfm -af did the job.
-af resample=22050,format=1:unsigned
(btw, there's a typo in the man: format[=bps,f]  Select the format...)
Also, although it works, the message about buffer overflow didn't go
away

--
Igor "CacoDem0n" Grabin, http://violent.death.kiev.ua/