[MPlayer-users] PAL support

Ben Klein soma at priest.com
Fri Feb 7 12:40:12 CET 2003

Sorry to bother you as this isn't really a bug, but the DVDs I have don't
seem to play properly in mplayer. I get weird sort of streaks when there
is a lot of motion. I think this might be because mplayer only supports
NTSC decoding for TV related movies, and Australian DVDs are PAL. I don't
know exactly how PAL works, neither have I any clue as to how implement a
patch, but it might be a good idea to look into PAL support for
internationalisation.

Yours sincerely,
Ben Klein