[MPlayer-users] Playback Wierdness (Triple X DVD)

Aaron M. Hirsch ahirsch at lenexa.sema.slb.com
Thu Feb 6 21:59:40 CET 2003

Thanks Christopher I'll give it a shot this evening, as I forgot to
bring DVD's to the office today.

Thanks again!
> yes, i have the exact same problem.  i actually have this problem with other
> dvd's besides xXx.  try running mplayer with the -v option.  then search the
> output for audio (aid) numbers.  usually aid 128 means engish audio.  once
> you find the aid that corresponds to english, run mplayer with the -aid
> <audio id number> option...
>
> -- christopher
>
> On Wednesday 05 February 2003 10:37 am, Aaron M. Hirsch wrote:
> > I have mplayer up and running on two boxes, rh8 and yoper 1.  When I
> > attempt to play the Triple X dvd I always get the directors edition and
> > am wondering a> why this is, and b> how can I get around it.  I'm using
> > mplayer -vo sdl -dvd 1 and have tried different chapters to get it to
> > work.
> >
> > Has anyone run into similar problems?
> >
> > TIA.

Aaron M. Hirsch
UNIX Systems Administrator
SchlumbergerSema
11146 Thompson Ave.
Lenexa, KS 66219
Phone: (913) 312-4717
Mobile: (913) 284-9094
Fax: (913) 312-4701

        "The problem lies between the chair and keyboard..."
                J.C.