[MPlayer-users] Re: lavc-Options for *BEST* quality?

Moritz Bunkus moritz at bunkus.org
Wed Feb 5 13:24:18 CET 2003

Hi.

> Well, by the time you do that, I think the ogm file will be so much
> bigger that there'll be no savings over avi with mp3... :(

Hmm, I've just implemented a rather stripped-down index (only key
frames are contained in the index), and this is really small (< 100kb).
Now I'll patch demux_ogg.c to recognize that. If it improves Ogg
seeking then I'll commit that after 0.90.

But you're right - using a full index (for each and every frame) adds
about 2 to 3 megs to the file, which is not what I'd want.

On the other hand: only adding key frames might be just as brain-dead,
I'm not sure. But as mplayer can only seek to key frames... :)

--
 ==> Ciao, Mosu (Moritz Bunkus)