[MPlayer-users] system freeze

Florian Schneider florian_listen at onlinehome.de
Wed Feb 5 11:25:53 CET 2003

Hi Richard,

* D Richard Felker III <dalias at aerifal.cx> [04-02-03 22:01]:

> If the freeze happens with -ao null nad -vo x11, it's not mplayer's
> fault. Perhaps your system is overclocked or poorly cooled?? I doubt
> the nvidia drivers are *that* broken...

sounds okay for me, but I don't think, this is the reason.

I did already try to run XFree without the nvidia drivers (and without
GLX this way).
Also, nothing here is overclocked, the temperature is okay (with ~45°C
at high load). I ran memtest86 to test my RAM.

And the freeze happens just two or three seconds after playing
begins... not after half an hour or so. And the freeze is limited to
mplayer, other players have no problem.

Thanks anyway!

Florian

--
   If Bill Gates had a dime for every time a Windows box crashed...
                      ...Oh, wait a minute, he already does.