[MPlayer-users] X11 Window Layer

Rene rr13 at mail.inf.tu-dresden.de
Wed Feb 5 04:19:37 CET 2003

Hello

The new Mplayer (Linux, X11, Xvideo Extension)  bring his window to the top of all windows.
Sometimes this will be fine, but not for me.
The Reason, why i hate this is:
I m watching some Animes with englisch subtitles and in the old version of mplayer it was ok to bring
ding (translation program) over the video window for translating some words.
In the new Mplayer its impossible.

Also, but this maybe out of date.
In my old version of mplayer, mplayer brings a Dialogwindow, ur system is to slow for blablabla.... .
This isnt fine too, because if sit on the couch, u must stand up and close this window, hrmpf.
So i removed this from the old mplayer by editing the source. I dont know if this in the actuall version too,
never seen this, but i havent played some divx5 too.

I think, it will be a good thing to add some options for disabling it.

So remember :-)

The most features arent better than the button for disabling it.

cya rene

PS sorry for mistakes and so on, this is my first post on the mailing list.