[MPlayer-users] MPlayer/MEncoder

Peter Zieschang pzieschang at vr-web.de
Mon Feb 3 16:25:05 CET 2003

Hallo!

Sorry -- NO BUG -- report! First Impression report.

On 01. Feb. I downloaded Your software (0.90rc3.tar.bz2) and have indeed not
checked out everything. But I think, it will work as You said in the
doc-files.
To my surprise MP playes .vdr-files and ME encodes them to MPEG4.

Nevertheless some hints:

- For TV-output I am using NVTV (sourceforge.net/project/nv-tv-out), then I
have not to change the XF86Config-file and the kids can work with it..

- I am no programmer; but it would be nice, to implement features as in Vidomi
in ME to create e. g. divx-movies out of more then one file in a given output
size over night. The Information will be printed out already.

System:

Suse 8.0, Audigny, Nvidia Geforce2 gts (rev a4) (-1.0-4191), Kernel 2.4.20
from kernel.org, Board: k7T266Pro2Ru with Athlon+1800, dvbs-card rather old
from Siemens

Thanks for Your software and that my grandchildren can play their movies
without blue screen now.

With best regards

pzieschang at vr-web.de