[MPlayer-users] mplayer on via C3 chips / epia mini-itx boards

Jason Lunz lunz at falooley.org
Sun Feb 2 22:38:14 CET 2003

Does anyone have any experience using mplayer to do TV-out on Via's epia
mainboards? (http://www.mini-itx.com) I'm thinking about building a
little media display box with one of these, but from what I've read
these systems are at the edge of being fast enough.

My plan is to netboot the machine (so no hard disk), so the box would
pretty much be doing only nfs reads and video display.

Anyone have success or failure stories? Can it keep up with VCD mpegs?
divx? DVD mpeg2 files? Is the video quality good on the TV?

thanks, Jason