[MPlayer-users] mplayer as a frame grabber for a webcam? (I know, I know, but listen for a minute . . )

Eric Jorgensen alhaz at xmission.com
Sun Feb 2 01:24:50 CET 2003

On Sun, 2 Feb 2003 00:21:07 +0100
Colin Leroy <colin at colino.net> wrote:

> On Sat, 1 Feb 2003 14:58:46 -0700 Eric Jorgensen <alhaz at xmission.com>
> wrote:
>

> > mplayer -tv on:driver=v4l:input=1:norm=ntsc -vo jpeg -jpeg \
> > quality=75:optimize:progressive:outdir=/tmp -vop pp=lb -frames 1
> >
> > 	Nothing happens.
>
> optimize isn't a flag; your commandline is ok with optimize=1 for example.
> I agree mplayer should tell the problem ;-)

	And the manpage should be fleshed out so that it says how to use the various
arguments it mentions.

	Currently, says this:

       -jpeg <option1:option2:...> (-vo jpeg only)
              Specify options for the JPEG output.
              Available options are:  [no]progressive,  [no]base­
              line, optimize, smooth, quality and outdir.

	I'll give it another shot. Thanks.

 - Eric