[MPlayer-users] BUG: mencoder dvd sync

Corey Hickey bugfood-ml at fatooh.org
Sun Feb 2 00:48:35 CET 2003

christopher j bottaro wrote:
> phew, cool...glad i'm not the only one with this problem.  can you give me
> instructions on how to checkout an older version of mplayer/mencoder from
> cvs?  this bug is plaguing me, and i'm willing to revert to an older version
> to produce in sync divx's.

In my case, I'm using a build I compiled on December 10th (still had the
deb lying around). Try downloading some daily cvs snapshots from here:
http://www.mplayerhq.hu/MPlayer/cvs/

It'll probably be helpful to the developers to know exactly which change
committed is causing our problems (I'm only assuming the recent DVD-
playback sync patch is the culprit). If I have time, I'll try to track
it down.

> btw, yours are only 100ms off?  mine seem to be between 200-300ms off...

Well, so far it's only one DVD that I've seen this with. If you want to
compare, I've put my bugreport on an http server:
http://bugfood.casa-z.org/mpbug/

ALL: Please only download stream.dump if you need to. I don't have a
whole lot of upstream. Thanks!

-Corey