[MPlayer-users] Cannot install

Colin Leroy colin at colino.net
Sat Feb 1 21:11:12 CET 2003

On 01 Feb 2003 15:08:50 -0500 Thomas Hulslander <thulslander at ptcnh.net>
wrote:

> No. gmplayer is not found, but mplayer gives the results I showed. How
> in the world od I get it to work, i.e., open files with it

To just read files, you only need to type
mplayer path/to/file.avi

> or get it into a menu.

For this you first need to have gmplayer, which should be in mplayer-gui
rpm. But, you still can right-click on any video-file you have, and choose
Open with->Other Application... to set the default application to mplayer.
You won't have GUI but that's not a big deal :)

> Do you think it is safe to say that it is at least installed
> successfully?

Yes, only without gui

> I really do appreciate your time, my friend.

You're welcome - but as we get kind of offtopic here (speaking about
desktop configuration ;-)), you may reply to me instead of the list if you
do reply.

cheers,
--
 "@'/ ,. \`@"   http://www.geekounet.org/