[MPlayer-users] Cannot install

Thomas Hulslander thulslander at ptcnh.net
Sat Feb 1 20:24:09 CET 2003

Yes, I did install mplayer-0.90rc3-2.i386.rpm

When I run mplayer from terminal I get this:

Using GNU internationalization
Original domain: messages
Original dirname: /usr/share/locale
Current domain: mplayer
Current dirname: /usr/share/locale

MPlayer 0.90rc3-RPM-3.1 (C) 2000-2003 Arpad Gereoffy (see DOCS)

CPU: Advanced Micro Devices Athlon 4 PM Palomino/Athlon MP
Multiprocessor/Athlon
 XP eXtreme Performance (Family: 6, Stepping: 2)
Detected cache-line size is 64 bytes
Compiled with Runtime CPU Detection - WARNING - this is not optimal!
To get best performance, recompile MPlayer with
--disable-runtime-cpudetection
Reading config file /etc/mplayer/mplayer.conf
Creating config file: /home/Thomas/.mplayer/config
Reading config file /home/Thomas/.mplayer/config
Reading /home/Thomas/.mplayer/codecs.conf: can't open
'/home/Thomas/.mplayer/cod
ecs.conf': No such file or directory
Reading /etc/mplayer/codecs.conf: 49 audio & 130 video codecs
Usage:   mplayer [options] [url|path/]filename

Basic options: (complete list in the man page)
 -vo <drv[:dev]>  select video output driver & device ('-vo help' for a
list)
 -ao <drv[:dev]>  select audio output driver & device ('-ao help' for a
list)
 -vcd <trackno>   play VCD (Video CD) track from device instead of plain
file
 -dvd <titleno>   play DVD title from device instead of plain file
 -alang/-slang    select DVD audio/subtitle language (by 2-char country
code)
 -ss <timepos>    seek to given (seconds or hh:mm:ss) position
 -nosound         do not play sound
 -fs              fullscreen playback (or -vm, -zoom, details in the man
page)
 -x <x> -y <y>    set display resolution (for use with -vm or -zoom)
 -sub <file>      specify subtitle file to use (also see -subfps,
-subdelay)
 -playlist <file> specify playlist file
 -vid x -aid y    select video (x) and audio (y) stream to play
 -fps x -srate y  change video (x fps) and audio (y Hz) rate
 -pp <quality>    enable postprocessing filter (details in the man page)
 -framedrop       enable frame dropping (for slow machines)

Basic keys: (complete list in the man page, also check input.conf)
 <-  or  ->       seek backward/forward 10 seconds
 up or down       seek backward/forward  1 minute
 pgup or pgdown   seek backward/forward 10 minutes
 < or >           step backward/forward in playlist
 p or SPACE       pause movie (press any key to continue)
 q or ESC         stop playing and quit program
 + or -           adjust audio delay by +/- 0.1 second
 o                cycle OSD mode:  none / seekbar / seekbar+timer
 * or /           increase or decrease PCM volume
 z or x           adjust subtitle delay by +/- 0.1 second
 r or t           adjust subtitle position up/down, also see -vop expand

 * * * SEE THE MAN PAGE FOR DETAILS, FURTHER (ADVANCED) OPTIONS AND KEYS
* * *

I used to have it in a menu (before I reinstalled RH8) and I would
really like to get it back... How can I get it so that it shows up in
the GUI?