[MPlayer-users] samba...

D Richard Felker III dalias at aerifal.cx
Sat Feb 1 00:05:38 CET 2003

On Fri, Jan 31, 2003 at 09:45:15PM +0100, gabor wrote:
> hi,
>
> some time ago someone implemented smb:// support into mplayer....
> is there a way to activate it?

I don't think this feature was ever committed, but you can check
configure --help. IMHO though this is a HUGE waste/abuse of network
resources; you should copy the movie and play it locally to avoid
flooding the network every time you watch it and thrashing the disk of
whoever's sharing the file.

Rich