[MPlayer-users] How to pause mencoder

Gabucino gabucino at mplayerhq.hu
Fri Dec 26 18:45:37 CET 2003

Adam Nielsen wrote:
> Well, given that I leave my computers on 24/7 anyway, often running mencoder,
> uploading/downloading, etc. I like to have something in the background to
> keep the CPU in use when mencoder finishes.
BTW you can tell dnetc to come to a complete suspend if it detects certain
processes. However I don't run that stuff anymore.. My HW means much to me.

>  Also, with the possible exception of hard drives, your hardware becomes
> obsolete long before you can wear it out ;-)
Imagine cooling failure (once a year is already more than enough, with
nowadays' global-shit CPU designs) while running dnetc..

--
Gabucino
MPlayer Core Team