[MPlayer-users] How to pause mencoder [OT]

Jakub Argasiński argasek at tekla.art.pl
Fri Dec 26 11:49:51 CET 2003

Dnia 12/26/2003 06:26 AM, Adam Nielsen naskrobał(-a) :

>>Have you ever written an interrupt handler? Coded an operating system? :)
>

> Coded an operating system no, but written an interrupt handler yes :-P  You
> tell me how a well written interrupt handler accessing the video
> hardware/driver could cause a crash...

I'm not an expert, but in so-called 'old, good times' I've also coded
things  like interrupt handler and yes, well written i.h. won't crash if
it's used in a simple operating system, like DOS, because there's no
multi-user, multi-tasking etc., and in consequence, no possibility to
interfere with another process / kernel task / whatever.

According to what have been said here, I would call a windows drawing
routine a dirty hack, even if it looks ellegant from user's point of view.

--
argasek at tekla.art.pl :: http://Today.tekla.art.pl
"Tym czego człowiek - w każdym wieku - potrzebuje najbardziej,