[MPlayer-users] How to pause mencoder

Attila Kinali attila at kinali.ch
Tue Dec 23 23:09:00 CET 2003

On Tue, 23 Dec 2003 22:49:21 +0100
Clemens Wächter <clemenswaechter at web.de> wrote:

> But you can lock the terminal by hitting CTRL+s
> and unlock it by hitting CTRL+q
> But note that this is not mencoder specific, this works with
> any software. (I'm not so sure about this, maybe it does not
> work with software which does nonblocking IO I didn't test that.
> But it surely works with mencoder)

That's shell/terminal specific C-s is just a scrollock, nothing
more. If there is no output going on, then it wont block the
program, same for non-blocking ouptut.

C-z (or SIGSTOP) is a more general aproach and suspends
the execution of a process. See the manpage of your shell
for more information about job managment.

		Attila Kinali

--
egp ist vergleichbar mit einem ikea bausatz fuer flugzeugtraeger
			-- reeler in +kaosu