[MPlayer-users] How I convert from avi to mpg or asf ??

The Wanderer inverseparadox at comcast.net
Sun Dec 21 11:16:40 CET 2003

marianciuc wrote:

> Hi, all :-)
>
> I have some avi files.
> How I convert this, from avi to mpg or asf format, with mencoder ?

Unfortunately, MEncoder does not really support output to formats other
than AVI.

Support has comparatively recently been added for output to MPEG; use
the -of mpeg option, which is mentioned in the man page.

There is no way to use MEncoder to convert to ASF format, at least not
for the foreseeable future and probably not till well after the formal
release of G2.

--
       The Wanderer