[MPlayer-users] converting 25 fps -> 23.976 fps?

* afe0108 at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 15 22:50:05 CET 2003

Hello, I noticed that when I encode a vob stream at 25 fps
to an avi at 23.976 fps (using -ofps 23.976) there are
subtle jerks in action about every second.  I assume this is
due to the way mencoder does the conversion (drops a frame
occasionally as opposed to interpolating smoothly between
frames)?

If this is true, is there any way to make it interpolate
smoothly?  Or is that not desirable for some other reason?
Likewise, should I not try downconverting vobs at 29.976 fps
to 23.976 fps?  Thanks!