[MPlayer-users] a/v sync problems with MPlayer1.0pre2 & esound-0.2.29

Benjamin Osheroff ben at gimbo.net
Sun Dec 14 13:18:30 CET 2003

On Sun, 14 Dec 2003 01:11:17 -0800 (PST)
dave giffin <givdav01 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> I compiled MPlayer1.0pre2 a few days ago b/c I needed
> quicktime support and couldn't compile that for
> MPlayer-0.9. I now have quicktime support working.
>
> But, when I run esound (esd) so that multiple programs
> can access my sound card (/dev/dsp), something I
> really need to do, I have terrible sync issues, the
> audio is about 2 seconds ahead of the video.

Can you send the output from mplayer for one of these files?
Specifically looking for the line that deals with esd latency.

You might also try upgrading your esound server to 0.32
(ftp.gnome.org/pub/gnome/sources/esound) - it seems to deal slightly
better with reporting latency accurately.

-Ben Osheroff
ben at gimbo.net