[MPlayer-users] mencoder: remove logo

Helge Preuss preuss at fhi-berlin.mpg.de
Tue Dec 9 10:19:08 CET 2003

I have two versions of a movie:
One high-quality, high-resolution with an ugly logo superimposed.
One low-res without the logo.
Can I use mencoder to combine these two, replacing the logo in the
hi-res version with data from the low-res version? How?
I found the -vf bmovl option, which "reads bitmaps from a FIFO and
display them in a window". I do not quite understand how it is supposed
to work, and I do not know how to tell mplayer to write bitmaps to a
fifo. Apart from that, it seems to be the way to go.
Comments?
TIA
Helge