[MPlayer-users] How to integrate XviD in Compilation process?

Stephen D. Leedle LeedleSt at gmx.de
Wed Dec 3 10:59:49 CET 2003

On Wednesday 03 December 2003 10:34, Corey Hickey wrote:

> Ivan Kalvachev recently committed some patches to make mplayer support
> xvid api4. You need to download the latest CVS of mplayer, and the
> latest cvs of libavcodec (even if you really don't want to use
> libavcodec for encoding, you still want it for decoding).

OK, thanks for information!

Conceirning libavcodec: I only got the idea - this might be wrong, please
correct me! - that libavcodec wouldn't include the newest xvid release.

Is this true or am I following a mental dead end? I'm almost sure, I am!

My interest in the newest xvid codec is this new, special feature, which
is described like this (from www.xvid.org):
--- quote start ---
Special mode for cartoons/anime like futuruma/the simpsons or any anime
with flat color areas
--- qote end ---

On windows - long time ago ;) - I used a special filter in VirtualDub and/
or in AviSynth - don't know the name anymore.

I am very interested in this functionality, and I couldn't figure out
wether libavcodec includes this new option.
>From source tarball of MPlayer-1.0pre2 man pages I couldn't find the
proper lavc option.

Maybe all this subject is because of my misunderstanding, so I will accept
any information helping in this case :)

Greetings, Stephen