[MPlayer-users] Re: mplayer audio from TV line???

rcooley rcooley at spamcop.net
Fri Aug 29 10:56:37 CEST 2003

Bill Eldridge wrote:
> Well, if a command does nothing, it shouldn't be there, or should be
> noted as doing nothing.
It does plenty.

> Well, "sounds like" is awfully presumptious. Did you try it?  It's in
> the same section for -tv as
> adevice, driver, device, input, freq, etc., and I can use all of those
> no problem.

I say "sounds like" because of they way you said it.  You didn't say it
does nothing, you said it "doesn't exist".

> I set adevice=/dev/dsp::immediatemode=1:input=0:driver=v4l2:.... (the
> man page says boolean for
> immediatemode). I just now checked and it doesn't work for mencoder
> either (I didn't need
> it before for mencoder, since the default there is what I need).
No, it won't do anything benefital for mencoder, but that's not an issue
according to your posts.

> So, if you can try it and get the immediatemode parameter to work,
> please send the
> command line to me and I'll try it.
I do not have a TV card supported by btaudio, so I don't need it, nor
could I test it if I wanted to.