[MPlayer-users] Re: How to encode more audio tracks to external file(s) [mp3] or intoavi together?

Daniel Mladek dmladek at netbeans.com
Thu Aug 28 12:28:24 CEST 2003

Thanks for navigation:-)

But I can't get to the
http://www.mplayerhq.hu/DOCS/tech/encoding-tips.txt even thought I'm
able to list the dir and
see any other file in it:-(((  Maybe badly set rights?

FYI: Of'ourse I have it localy too:-) and could read it...

> You're on the right track. There are some details in
> encoding-tips.txt. I recommend using Ogg as the container and Vorbis
> as the audio codec because Ogg (or Ogm) can easily accommodate
> multiple tracks of several types and Vorbis has quality superior to MP3.

That's sound pretty good. Would you mind give me some real easy example
for now, please?
I'd probaly need more reading the tips to properly understand them:-)

> However, you can use LAME in place of oggenc if you prefer.

No, no! I don't care.... Just want 2 or more audiotracks ripped somehow
and playble by mplayer...

> I'm not sure of how to multiplex multiple audio tracks into an AVI;
> you may have to keep the extras as separate MP3 files, which mplayer
> can play with -audiofile.
>
> <URL:http://www.mplayerhq.hu/DOCS/tech/encoding-tips.txt>
> <URL:http://www.bunkus.org/dvdripping4linux/index.html>
>
> Jonathan Rogers