[MPlayer-users] Re: chopping off credits

Jonathan Rogers jonner at teegra.net
Wed Aug 27 07:35:23 CEST 2003

D Richard Felker III wrote:
> I'm quite familiar with all that and it's stupid. They have no
> legitimate authority to redefine terms, especially ones used in
> someone else's field. Regardless of whether one accepts their horrible
> "standard", your repeated use of "MiB" "GiB" ... makes it look like
> you are trying to influence people rather than write something
> relevant to mplayer.

Some of us think the endless confusion caused by the conflicting
definitions of kilo, mega, and giga is stupid. I won't call your
opinions stupid, but I will ask you to stop spouting them as fact. Who
do you recognize as legitimate authority beyond your own swollen head
anyway? Perhaps you invented the SI prefixes yourself?

Jonathan Rogers