[MPlayer-users] Re: [BUG] Lock up when resuming after long pause on removable media

Adam Nielsen a.nielsen at optushome.com.au
Tue Aug 26 11:24:51 CEST 2003

> That is curious if mplayer seems to prompt different behavior than other
> applications. I haven't had an experience exactly like you described.
> I've experienced very long waits when the disc is difficult to read and
> the kernel keeps trying and retrying.

Yes, I've had that happen before, but that's what you'd expect it to do.  This
is different because when you unpause it, it plays out the rest of mplayer's
buffer/cache instantly but as soon as the buffer has run out and it needs to
get more data off the drive it just stops dead in its tracks.  I'll have to
try accessing the drive with another program first to spin it up again,
*then* unpause mplayer and see if that makes any difference.

Cheers,
Adam.