[MPlayer-users] chopping off credits

Joonas Koivunen rzei at mbnet.fi
Mon Aug 25 13:57:26 CEST 2003

On Monday 25 August 2003 20:18, antonovich wrote:
> > BTW, chopping off credits is a bit lame... You can get excellent
> > quality on a single CD without chopping the credits if you RTFM
> > encoding-tips.txt rather than just blindly running mencoder with no
> > options.
>
> lame? I thought that was what we usually use to encode the audio ;-). I
> just can't see the point in putting up to 50meg aside for something i NEVER
> use or watch. I know I can get good quality using the options, and that is
> what I'm trying to learn about. The point is that if i use the same options
> without the credits then I will get better quality rips than you.
Well.. Chopping credits off is a indeed lame imho. If you hate'em, then you
should use very high quantizer for those. IMHO that's the best way to go.

Why do I think that credits shouldn't be chopped off? Well.. It's a list of
ppl who should be getting some credits :) And what'll you do if you see some
very good yet unknown actor there of which you'd like to know more -- if you
don't have credits..

Do as D Richard tells you. :) I bet that he's almost always right :)) as are
other developers too. Read manuals, become wiser. Reading of mailinglist too
isnt' a bad idea :)

> antonovich

-rzei