[MPlayer-users] About your manuals...

Matthew W. Miller mwmiller at columbus.rr.com
Tue Aug 19 05:40:19 CEST 2003

On Mon, Aug 18, 2003 at 01:20:51PM +0200, Rainer Hantsch wrote:
>| On Mon, 18 Aug 2003 3:15 pm, Rainer Hantsch wrote:
>| > I would recommend not only to offer the documentation online (as
>| > HTML) ... Why don't you offer it as PDF or PS file for download, in
>| > prettier facing, too?
>Though, I am one of those who prefer to download a documentation and
>print it out.

Well, the first part is already accomplished-- MPlayer's documentation
is included, in several languages, in every single MPlayer package ever
assembled.  Just look in MPlayer-<version>/DOCS/en/ or replace 'en' with
the abbreviation for your language of choice.

Mozilla will print HTML out to Postscript; from there you can convert it
into PDF or whatever other icky formats you want to use.  Also, the XML
files from which the HTML is generated (see
MPlayer-<version>/DOCS/xml/<language>/ ) can be converted to Postscript
in a number of ways; try looking around
http://www.google.com/search?q=convert+xml+to+postscript
for possibilities.

Finally, if you absolutely *must* reply on top and include entire quotes
below, please at least do not quote .signatures and the 'Automatic
answer'.
--
Matthew W. Miller <mwmiller at columbus.rr.com>