[MPlayer-users] Render subtitles into PNG images?

Oliver Fromme olli at secnetix.de
Sat Aug 16 18:49:12 CEST 2003

Hi,

How do I get subtitles rendered into PNG images?
My source is a stream.dump file from a DVD title.
I tried this command:

mplayer -vop pp=0x20000 -noaspect -sid 0 -vo png -ao null -nosound stream.dump

The images come out right, but they do not contain
the subtitles.  :-(

When I replace ``-vo png'' with ``-vo x11'', the
subtitles are displayed perfectly fine.

If it's not possible to encode subtitles into PNG
images ...  Is there a different way to extract
subtitles from a DVD title, so they can be re-used
later with mencoder to render them into an AVI
file?

(Yeah, I did RTFM, but the docs don't cover the
problem that I'm facing.)

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated!

Regards
   Oliver

"If you think C++ is not overly complicated, just what is a protected
abstract virtual base pure virtual private destructor, and when was the
last time you needed one?"
        -- Tom Cargil, C++ Journal