[MPlayer-users] newbie with RH 9 again

Dominik Mierzejewski dominik at rangers.eu.org
Sat Aug 9 01:33:00 CEST 2003

On Saturday, 09 August 2003, john sandidge wrote:
> Thanks for the info, Corey.
>
> I did as you said, mplayer -v movie.avi, and got the following:
>
> MPlayer 0.90-RPM-3.2 (C) 2000-2003 Arpad Gereoffy (see DOCS)
                   ^^^
[...]
> Playing moulinroughe.avi
> Not an URL!
> File not found: 'moulinroughe.avi'
  ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

You're trying to play a non-existent file.

[..]
> When I use gmplayer at a terminal prompt I get:
[...]
> MPlayer 0.90-RPM-3.1 (C) 2000-2003 Arpad Gereoffy (see DOCS)
                   ^^^

Somehow you've managed to install MPlayer binaries built with different
compilers. This isn't necessarily wrong, but it may cause problems due
to different dependencies (I'm guessing the -3.1 version was built on
RH7.3 and the -3.2 on RH8.0).

> This results in the skin coming up....I can go into the configure player
> tool, but nothing else will happen.

Right click on the video window will bring up a menu. You can select
"open file" there.

--
MPlayer RPMs maintainer: http://www.piorunek.pl/~dominik/linux/pkgs/mplayer/