[MPlayer-users] Quicktime failed : only audio no video

Roberto Togni r_togni at libero.it
Sun Aug 3 19:28:05 CEST 2003

On 2003.08.02 18:12, aladdin at altern.org wrote:
> DOCS/bugreports.html]
> Hey,
>
> When I try to see the video I only have audio :-( with mplayer
> cvs and extralite.tar.bz2

> MOV:    Sample info!
> MOV:     Description list! (cnt:2)
> MOV:      desc #0: SVQ3  (95 bytes)
> MOV:      desc #1: 8BPS  (94 bytes)
> MOV: WARNING: Variable FOURCC detected!?
The file contains two different video streams, one coded with 8BPS and
the other one with SVQ3.
MPlayer does not support this.
Is it a trailer you downloaded somewhere?
Usually you have a still image (or few frames) coded with an old codec,
and then the real clip codec with a good compression codec.
Why do they do this? I don't know. Mov format supports a lot of
strange, unusual features nobody cares about that have no pratical
purpose except causing troubles to players that doen't implement them.
Looks like trailer codecs are exploring all of that.

> ==> Found video stream: 0
> MOV: Found unknown movie atom rgbs (10)!
> MOV: Found unknown movie atom chct (10)!
> Image size: 480 x 208 (32 bpp)
> Display size: 480 x 208
> Fourcc: 8BPS  Codec: 'Planar RGB'
Selected video codec is 8BPS (Planar RGB).
As someone else pointed out, currently MPlayer can't decode it.

> ==> Found audio stream: 1
> Audio bits: 16  chans: 2  rate: 44100
> Audio header: samp/pack=4096 bytes/pack=650 bytes/frame=1300
> bytes/samp=2
> Audio extra header: len=92  fcc=0x77617665
> MOV: Found unknown audio atom Fourcc: QDM2
Audio is QDM2, you need qt binary codecs to play it.

> AUDIO: 44100 Hz, 2 ch, 16 bit (0x10), ratio: 13997->176400 (112.0
> kbit)
> Selected audio codec: [qdmc] afm:qtaudio (Quicktime QDMC/QDM2 audio
> decoders)
Audio is configured, you qt binary setup works ok.

> get_path('codecs.conf') -> '/home/aladdin/.mplayer/codecs.conf'
> *** Try to upgrade /home/aladdin/.mplayer/codecs.conf from
> etc/codecs.conf
> *** If it still does not work, read DOCS/en/codecs.html!
> Cannot find codec matching selected -vo and video format 0x53504238.
Video codec not found. That's ok, 8BPS decoder is not implemented
natively, and not decoded with binary codecs.

> Any Idea ?
> Thank's a lot for your help.

I'm implementing a native 8BPS codec, it will take a few days.
Anyway, probably won't be able to play it anyway without some other
patch.

Do you have an url for the file? If it's not available on the net and
not too big, can you upload it to MPlayer ftp?

BTW, Faad is an audio decoder, and has nothing to do with your problem.

Ciao,
  Roberto