[MPlayer-users] Quicktime failed : only audio no video

Matthew W. Miller mwmiller at columbus.rr.com
Sun Aug 3 05:37:03 CEST 2003

On Sat, Aug 02, 2003 at 06:12:16PM +0200, aladdin at altern.org wrote:
>When I try to see the video I only have audio :-( with mplayer
>cvs and extralite.tar.bz2

First of all, of course, you should install the full w32 and Quicktime
codecs packs for your system.

>*** Try to upgrade /home/aladdin/.mplayer/codecs.conf from etc/codecs.conf
>*** If it still does not work, read DOCS/en/codecs.html!
>Cannot find codec matching selected -vo and video format 0x53504238.

I just did a quick grep through codecs.conf and didn't find any listed
formats or fourCCs matching 0x53504238 ("8BPS").  Apparently 8BPS is a
planar RGB codec:

http://www.openquicktime.org/codecs.php?type=Video&hex=0x53504238

The openquicktime.org site also includes a sample 8BPS-encoded video
(272 KB):

http://www.openquicktime.org/files.php/aletrek/aletrek-8BPS.mov?get-info
--
Matthew W. Miller <mwmiller at columbus.rr.com>