[MPlayer-users] zooming

MMoalem at aol.com MMoalem at aol.com
Mon Apr 28 23:14:32 CEST 2003

hi there all - was looking for a forum to post questions but could only find
this mailing list so i hope i'm in the right place...
i have started using mplayer through the MoviX Distro but the guys there
weren't sure about the zooming in on the video. I wondered if it can be done
when mplayer is running so if a film is widescreen i could zoom in (loose
some from the sides and some of the black strips at the top and bottom - I
have a 14inch TV as monitor, defently not good for  widescreen films...)
please bare in mind that i'm a complete linux novice so just imagine i'm a
three years old when you writing back...
My reference to my request are programmes such as bsplayer and zoomplayer on
windows...
i have an ATI Radeon 7000 and on the mplayer docs it mentioned that such
cards support zooming in hardware...
please reply directly if you can to mmoalem at aol.com
cheers
michel