[MPlayer-users] video output problem

Bruce Park bpark79 at hotmail.com
Sat Apr 26 03:21:40 CEST 2003

I'm having a hard time trying to get gmplayer to work using GUI. The skin
and font have all been installed correctly and load perfectly. However,
whenever I try to load a video, I get the following message in a modaless
window.
Fatal Error: Error opening/initializing the selected video_out(-vo) device

Here's what my config file looks like
=====================================
gui=yes
vo=xv
ao=oss
skin=Blue
cache=1024

I currently have a working voodoo3000AGP card. I can play movies in
mplayer(without GUI) without any problems by specifying 'mplayer
/cdrom/file.mpg'. The problem is only persistent when I try opening a file
using GUI. Any help is greatly appreciated.

bp