[MPlayer-users] Dropping Last Few Minutes of DivX AVI (NODAEMON)

Martin Pavon martin_199ar at yahoo.com.ar
Wed Apr 23 20:18:02 CEST 2003

On Tue, Apr 22, 2003 at 11:22:10PM -0700, mplayer at w007.org wrote:
> <quote who="Ashley Evans">
> You can proabaly "overburn" the extra 9megs to the cd anyway, if that's
> your problem. Even if it doesn't entirely fit (with cdrecord on linux at
> least) it will just truncate the file and finalise the disc.
> </quote>
>
> While this is the main reason behind my desire to remove the credits, I
> would still like to figure out how to get those credits removed, even if I
> find a solution for overburning the CD. I'm running Mac OS X and have not
> used cdrecord before, but I will look into it.
>
> Thanks,
> Ben Jansen

Hi!

Did you try with something like

mencoder -ovc copy -oac copy -o output.avi -endpos 700mb my_movie.avi

(or 703mb, my cdr can burn this, without overburn)

at least, man page  says you can pass not only duration  but size to endpos
(I  don't know  why it  doesn't work  with time).  Also, you  can try  with
avidemux.

Regards

--
Martín Pavón