[MPlayer-users] re-encoding vcds

Thomas Otterbein tommi at axelero.hu
Sun Apr 20 16:55:29 CEST 2003

Hello all,

I used to create VCDs from DVDs with the mencvcd-script. Only this time I got
the aspect ratio wrong (4:3 instead of 16:9), resulting in ready-to-burn
.cue/.bin files whith actors having eggheads...

The files have the VCD-resolution of 352x288 pixel and mplayer plays them
nicely with -x 352 and -y 198 but my computer is a bit noisy and so I still
would like to create VCDs out of them. As I'm very unexperienced with codecs,
yuvscalers and all that stuff, I couldn't figure out the best way/settings
to add black bands on top/bottom. Could anyone give me some advise?

Thanks in advance
  thomas