[MPlayer-users] Xvideo error with new Matrix trailer?

Corey Hickey bugfood-ml at fatooh.org
Mon Apr 14 00:49:36 CEST 2003

Moritz Moeller-Herrmann wrote:
> Hi, I have a problem with the new Matrix trailer.
>
> It plays just fine, if I use -vo x11, but using -vo xv,
> I just get a green screen and sound.
>
> Is this related to the size of the video
> and should I report this as a bug to the Xfree86 developers?
>
> I use an Intel integrated graphics chipset 82830 with Xfree86-4.3 (i810
> driver) and no other movie shows this stranger behaviour. Fullscreen and
> DVD work just fine with all other (normal sized) movies.
>
> I have already set VideoRam to 64MB otherwise I get an X Resource Allocation
> error on mplayer startup, which causes a segfault in current MPlayer-cvs.

Is this trailer_final_1000_dl.mov?
http://progressive1.stream.aol.com/wb/gl/wbonline/progressive/thematrix/us/med/trailer_final_1000_dl.zip

That has resolution 1000x540, which is divisible by 16, and should be
fine. If your talking about a different version/resolution, then please
post the link.

You can try scaling the video to a "normal" dvd resolution, and see what
happens:
mplayer trailer_final_1000_dl.mov -vop scale=854:480

If the above line doesn't have any problems, then you probably have a
buggy xv driver or chipset. Otherwise, the problem could be somewhere
else, so if you send in a full bugreport (DOCS/bugreports.html) someone
here might be able to see what's wrong.

-Corey