[MPlayer-users] codec installation

Andrew Hume andrew at research.att.com
Tue Apr 8 17:12:40 CEST 2003

despite really trying, i cannot figure out where i am supposed to install codecs.
there is a hint that win32 codecs should be in /usr/lib/win32, although
i would expect that in that case, teh directory in the windows
codecs tarfile to bin win32, and it isn't. and this seems an unlikely
candidate for all teh other codecs. and /etc/mplayer/codecs.conf
contains no pathnames.

could someone please advise me of teh actual commands you need to install
the codecs (assuming i have the *.tar.bz2 files in hand)?

thanks.

p.s. please reply to my email; i do not subscribe to this mailing list.

--
Andrew Hume  (best -> Telework) +1 732-886-1886
andrew at research.att.com  (Work) +1 973-360-8651