[MPlayer-users] Animatrix and -delay workaround

gabor gabor at z10n.net
Mon Apr 7 13:05:21 CEST 2003

On Mon, 2003-04-07 at 12:55, Richard Jones wrote:
> I'm trying to play the third animatrix episode. The first two I got to play by
> inserting a "-delay 11" in the command-line, like so:
>
>   mplayer -fs -delay -11 program0xA3B1____640_dl.mov
>
> And that's fine, but with the third, I can't seem to delay the sound long
> enough. I can put -60 in there, and it still doesn't appear to delay the
> sound any more than about 6 seconds. 11 would be about perfect again.
>
> Does anyone have any ideas why it might not delay long enough?
>
> Also, I'm getting a warning "Your system is too SLOW to play this!" when I put
> the delay in, but I know my system isn't too slow as it doesn't display that
> message when I don't delay the audio.
>
> Is there any chance of being able to play the movies without resorting to
> trickery?
>
> I tried the -dumpaudio suggestion made by gabor, but couldn't figure how to
> make it play the audio I'd dumped. The suggestion is here:
>
>   http://mplayerhq.hu/pipermail/mplayer-users/2003-April/031839.html

sorry, my fault :(

i forgot the decode part: you need faad for this. get it from
http://audiocoding.com .

the correct way:

mplayer -dumpaudio -aid 1 animatrix3.mov
mv stream.dump animatrix3begin.aac

mplayer -dumpaudio -aid 2 animatrix3.mov
mv stream.dump animatrix3main.aac

faad animatrix3begin.aac
faad animatrix3main.aac

cat animatrix3begin.wav animatrix3main.wav > animatrix3.wav

mplayer -audiofile animatrix3.wav animatrix3.mov

hope this helps,
gabor