[MPlayer-users] new animatrix , old problems :)

Dominik Mierzejewski dominik at rangers.eu.org
Sat Apr 5 15:09:32 CEST 2003

On Saturday, 05 April 2003, Catalin Muresan wrote:
[...]
>  > Cool. RPMs for faad. I'll take a look at them. I assume the mplayer RPMs
>  > there are the ones I provide?
>
> 	no, i changed to -2 because i disabled runtime cpu detection (just
> changed the spec and rebuilt the rpms) so it's for a duron - like the dir
> says.
> 	it would be nice if you could publish rpms with faad from now on :)

I could, provided that I see some positive responses from other developers.
When I started maintaining the official RPMs A'rpi, a few other developers
and I agreed on a certain set of features that is now present in the
current MPlayer packages. Adding faad support means that the users would
need to download and install yet another package.

> faad required a change in a Makefile for it to compile, you could diff to
> see what exactly.

Could you send me the diff?

> faad source includes libsndfile which is required to build
> but the spec needs it already installed. it's a bit of a mess,

I'll look into it.

> 	also a question, why the cpu optimised packages still have runtime
> cpu detection ?

Because i686 packages will run on all Intel PII-compatibles and all AMD
Athlon-compatibles. Athlon packages will run on all AMD Athlon-compatible
CPUs.

--
MPlayer RPMs maintainer: http://www.piorunek.pl/~dominik/linux/pkgs/mplayer/