[MPlayer-users] new animatrix , old problems :)

Catalin Muresan catalin.muresan at astral.ro
Sat Apr 5 14:49:50 CEST 2003

On Sat, Apr 05, 2003 at 02:41:46PM +0200, Dominik Mierzejewski wrote:
 > On Saturday, 05 April 2003, Catalin Muresan wrote:
 > > On Sat, Apr 05, 2003 at 01:45:00PM +0200, gabor wrote:
 > >  > i still have trouble installing faad...
 > >
 > > 	i managed to compile faad (rpm) if that makes it easyer for you and
 > > have the rpms at http://www.astral.ro/~cata/mplayer-duron
 > > 	you will need libsndfile for faad, with that installed you can get
 > > the src.rpm for mplayer rc5 and do a rpm rebuild, what is there is optimised
 > > for duron.
 >
 > Cool. RPMs for faad. I'll take a look at them. I assume the mplayer RPMs
 > there are the ones I provide?

	no, i changed to -2 because i disabled runtime cpu detection (just
changed the spec and rebuilt the rpms) so it's for a duron - like the dir
says.
	it would be nice if you could publish rpms with faad from now on :)
faad required a change in a Makefile for it to compile, you could diff to
see what exactly. faad source includes libsndfile which is required to build
but the spec needs it already installed. it's a bit of a mess, but i was in
a hurry to see the new animatrix trailer so i just made it work.
	also a question, why the cpu optimised packages still have runtime
cpu detection ?

--
 Catalin Muresan
 ASTRAL TELECOM