[MPlayer-users] window destruction and pausing oddities

Chris Snyder chris at psydeshow.org
Mon Sep 30 20:46:01 CEST 2002

D Richard Felker III wrote:

>In the case of keeping the same vo between movies, it wouldn't be
>quite as hard, but mplayer would need to be aware that the same vo is
>being used, and avoid uninit and reinit in this case.

Could this be implemented at the command line?

For instance, if I have a playlist of movies that are all the same size
and I want them to play one after the other, flicker-free, I'd like to
be able to include -nouninit and have mplayer keep reusing the same window.

I could also pass that argument when using plugger to play movies via
mozilla-- right now there's a nasty uninit/reinit/capture cycle that
happens every time plugger loops a movie in the browser. Getting rid of
that would be so tasty sweet!

    chris.