[MPlayer-users] Trouble getting my SBLive! to work with my SPDIF & AC3

Jason Bishop jason at doomba.com
Fri Sep 27 05:16:01 CEST 2002

Hmm.... this looks like a familiar configuration...

mine: suse 7.3 2.4.18 alsa0.9 from cvs sep 1.  sblive platinum (with the
seperate tray for spdif output).

if i do the command you listed it works perfectly.  if I remove the hwac3
then i hear stereo also perfectly.  so this is definitely possible.

maybe send me output of alsa-init when you fire up mplayer.

here's mine:
AO: [alsa9] 48000Hz 2ch AC3
alsa-init: testing and bugreports are welcome.
alsa-init: requested format: 48000 Hz, 2 channels, AC3
alsa-init: soundcard set to iec958:AES0=0x2,AES1=0x82,AES2=0x0,AES3=0x2
alsa9: 48000 Hz/2 channels/4 bpf/16384 bytes buffer/Signed 16 bit Little
Endian

in the meantime, maybe pull down recent cvs of alsa9 and install that.  i
heard some versions a month ago had bug in this area...

Jason