[MPlayer-users] Two graphicscards..

Lasse Kärkkäinen tronic at trn.iki.fi
Thu Sep 26 21:01:46 CEST 2002

> Matrox G400 is THE CARD for tvout, period. G450 and 550 suck though,
> so don't get stuck with one of them. Also no need for X with the
> tvout, just use mga_vid or fbcon. Much better performance.

G400 TV-out looks like if it has 16 bit colors. Bad banding etc. on
tv-out. And it is next to impossible to make colors look natural on it.
ATI is a lot better on that sector. Dunno if that is fixed in G450+.

If only I could combine good features (two ramdacs, full hardware, good
colors and good "bit-depth" of ATI and real, working overscan of Matrox)...

- Tronic -